In less than 12 hours I will be leaving my house for the airport. It's about an hour and a half drive to the airport and my flight is at 7am. My itinerary is as follows:
Tampa International (TPA) to Chicago O'Hare International (ORD)
Departure (TPA): January 22, 6:57 AM EST (morning)
Arrival (ORD): January 22, 8:56 AM CST (morning)
Chicago O'Hare International (ORD) to Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Departure (ORD): January 22, 10:20 AM CST (morning)
Arrival (NRT): January 23, 2:35 PM JST (afternoon)
Tokyo Narita (NRT) to Osaka Itami (ITM)
Departure (NRT): January 23, 4:35 PM JST (afternoon)
Arrival (ITM): January 23, 6:00 PM JST (evening)
So this will have me arrive in Osaka at 4am EST. I've never traveled this much or this far ever. It's going to be quite the adventure!
I'm pretty sure that I have everything packed. I'm taking a large duffel bag, a small suitcase, my laptop, and my bag. Oddly enough, I have more socks than any other article of clothing!
People keep asking me if I'm nervous, but as of right now I'm not. I'm not feeling much of anything, to be honest. It's as if nothing is happening. I'm sure once I arrive in Japan I'm going to be like "What the hell am I doing in Japan?".
I think my biggest fear about this excursion is not being able to understand anyone or communicate with anyone. I feel as if I have forgotten all the Japanese I've learned over the past 3 semesters. Luckily I have a 13 hour plane ride to brush up on it! Also, traveling with 3 friends, all of whom are in the same boat as me, is going to help. And of course I have my speaking partner, Otani Sayaka. We have only exchanged e-mails so far, but once I arrive she will be there to help me get acquainted with the area.
For now, I think I will take a nap. I plan to just stay up tonight until 3am.
Melissa~
Friday, January 22, 2010
T -12 hours
Posted by Melissa at 5:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment