Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two words:

"Bitch, please!"

Today, I put THAT kid in his place.

Let me go back to our picture taking endeavour. I met my two partners at the lounge at 1:15 and we sat for a few minutes and talked about hobbies and stuff like that. My original partner, Chiharu, was very nice. She's quiet, sweet, loves cats, reading etc. THAT kid does have a name, and it is Jake. Jake likes music, and reading, and photography, and pretending that he is an expert in each of those areas.

After "getting to know each other" we decided to venture out to find good places to take pictures. Jake was like "well since you two can't think of anything, I'll go first". So he wanted to go to the library to take a picture of Chiharu reading a book. He also decided that it would be a good idea to place a book that has the word "cat" in the title in the picture. He is just too clever. Nothing accurately depicts a persons personality than a picture with excessive props. After that, we go back outside the library and try to figure out what is next. Since he likes photography, I was going to take a picture of him using his camera. Outside he was like "I assume you already got your picture of me when I was taking a picture of her" and I was like "no". And he was so quick to be like "that would have been the perfect opportunity, I was like setting it up for you, I can't believe you didn't take the picture". I simply ignore this comment. I later take a close of picture of him with his camera. When my teacher asked me to explain I said that I took this picture to show Jake's in-your-face personality...pause for a second...and add "but not in a bad way" with a smirk.

Jake then asks if either of us are ready to take pictures. I stop to think for a minute. I didn't respond quickly enough, so he retorts with a half-snort and a "jeez, how hard is it, I came up with my shot in like 2 minutes". Again I ignore his comment. I suppose it is rather easy to come up with a shitty photograph lacking all creativity. Right before I go to take a picture of Chiharu, Jake laughs and says "how many megapixels is that?" I reply with a simple "2" (it was taken with my cellphone). He scoffs. I ready myself to punch him in the throat, but decide against it. I then decide to take a picture of Chiharu standing outside, in a very distinct manner; that is she was standing with her feet turned in. I think that stance showed her modesty and more about her personality than a book about cats ever could. Just for fun, here's the picture:


(I also thought the fabulous woman wearing those BAMF boots in the background was a nice/interesting contrast).

Anyway, we took more pictures, blah blah blah. Jake took another shitty picture of me. This time I was sitting in a chair listening to my iPod, because I like music. Innovative. In the picture you couldn't even see my face. My bangs have grown out quite a bit and he had me look downwards, so I have this emo-hair thing going on that makes me look quite lame and boring. But whatev, I didn't really care about that.

So today, we go to class and we look at everyone's pictures and explain why we took our pictures. The teacher get's to Jake's picture of Chiharu and is like 'excessive use of dumb props, and you can't see her face' and he was like 'but man, she likes cats!'. The teacher also said his picture of me was terribad. On the other hand, the teacher rather enjoyed MY picture of Chiharu taken with an inferior camera.

Today, I took down THAT kid just one level. Perhaps from now on he will think a little less highly of himself and carefully consider that which he says. Perhaps, but most likely not. But let those two little words proclaim my vindication: "Bitch, please!"

-Fin-

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Commentcommentcomment. Imma testing the comments. lolololcommets.